Duration 3 Days
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam is designed to help you learn more about the world of information technology (IT). It’s ideal if you’re considering a career in IT or if you work in an allied field that requires a broad understanding of IT. CompTIA IT Fundamentals can also be a stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and, with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to safely set up a basic workstation, including installing basic hardware and software and establishing basic network connectivity; identify and correct compatibility issues; identify and prevent basic security risks; and practice basic support techniques on computing devices.
- Identify hardware commonly found in or attached to computing devices.
- Identify software commonly installed on computing devices.
- Set up a basic workstation.
- Configure network access.
- Work with files, folders, and applications.
- Configure and use wireless devices.
- Secure computing devices.
- Support computers and users.
This course is designed for individuals who are considering a career in information technology (IT) and who might be planning to pursue CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification, CompTIA A+™ certification, or other similar certifications.
To ensure your success in your course you will need basic Windows end-user skills. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking either of the following LogicalCHOICE courses, or have equivalent experience: Using Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 Transition from Windows 7
- Identifying Computer Hardware
- Identifying Computer Software
- Setting Up a Basic Workstation
- Configuring Network Access
- Working with Files, Folders, and Applications
- Configuring and Using Wireless Devices
- Securing Computing Devices
- Supporting Computers and Users