Duration 5 Days
The CompTIA Security+ course is designed to help you prepare for the SY0-501 exam. Students will implement and monitor security on networks, applications, and operating systems, and respond to security breaches. *The previous exam, SY0-401 will be retired on July 31, 2018.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Examine network security.
- Manage application, data and host security.
- Identify access control and account management security measures.
- Manage certificates.
- Identify compliance and operational security measures.
- Manage risk.
- Manage security incidents.
- Develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is targeted toward an Information Technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as OS X, Unix, or Linux, and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Security Fundamentals
- Identifying Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Managing Data, Application, and Host Security
- Implementing Network Security
- Implementing Access Control, Authentication, and Account Management
- Managing Certificates
- Implementing Compliance and Operational Security
- Risk Management
- Troubleshooting and Managing Security Incidents
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning