Duration 5 Days
The course introduces tools and tactics to manage cybersecurity risks, identify various types of common threats, evaluate the organization's security, collect and analyze cybersecurity intelligence, and handle incidents as they occur.
In this course, you will assess and respond to security threats and operate a systems and network security analysis platform. You will:
- Assess information security risk in computing and network environments.
- Analyze the cybersecurity threat landscape. Analyze reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments.
- Analyze attacks on computing and network environments.
- Analyze post-attack techniques on computing and network environments.
- Implement a vulnerability management program.
- Evaluate the organization's security through penetration testing.
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence.
- Analyze data collected from security and event logs. Perform active analysis on assets and networks.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents. Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
- Address security issues with the organization's technology architecture.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed primarily for cybersecurity practitioners who perform job functions related to protecting information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. This course focuses on the knowledge, ability, and skills necessary to provide for the defense of those information systems in a cybersecurity context, including protection, detection, analysis, investigation, and response processes. In addition, the course ensures that all members of an IT team—everyone from help desk staff to the Chief Information Officer—understand their role in these security processes.
Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no required prerequisite, CySA+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.
- Assessing information security risk
- Analyzing the threat landscape
- Analyzing reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments
- Analyzing attacks on computing and network environments
- Analyzing post-attack techniques
- Managing vulnerabilities in the organization
- Implementing penetration testing to evaluate security
- Collecting cybersecurity intelligence
- Analyzing log data
- Performing active asset and network analysis
- Responding to cybersecurity incidents
- Investigating cybersecurity incidents
- Addressing security architecture issues