Duration 5 Days
In this course, which prepares you for the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner exam (CAS-003), you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened. You'll apply critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement sustainable security solutions that map to organizational strategies; translate business needs into security requirements; support IT governance and risk management; architect security for hosts, networks, and software; respond to security incidents; and more.
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security. You will:
- Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
- Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques, security controls for hosts and mobile devices, network security, and security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct security assessments; responding to and recovering from security incidents.
This course is designed for IT professionals in the cybersecurity industry whose primary job responsibility is to secure complex enterprise environments. The target student should have real-world experience with the technical administration of these enterprise environments. It is recommended for students with at least 10 years of experience in IT management, with at least 5 of those years in hands-on technical security.
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
To be fit for this advanced course, you should have at least a foundational knowledge of information security. You can obtain this level of knowledge by taking the CompTIA® Security+ (SY0-401) course. You may also demonstrate this level of knowledge by passing the Security+ (SY0-401) exam.
Although not required, we suggest that you either take the following courses or possess the equivalent knowledge in the areas of computer networking and computer maintenance:
- CompTIA® Network+® (N10-005) or CompTIA® Network+® (N10-006)
- CompTIA® A+®: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-801 and 220-802)
- Supporting it governance and risk management
- Leveraging collaboration to support security
- Using research and analysis to secure the enterprise
- Integrating advanced authentication and authorization techniques
- Implementing cryptographic techniques
- Implementing security controls for hosts
- Implementing security controls for mobile devices
- Implementing network security
- Implementing security in the systems and software development lifecycle
- Integrating assets in a secure enterprise architecture
- Conducting security assessments
- Responding to and recovering from incidents