Duration 3 Days
This exciting and dynamic 3-day course, fully updated for ITIL 2011, introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. As well as an engaging, case study based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice, this course also positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate level training courses.
The ITIL best practice is composed of five core disciplines: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement. These disciplines represent a service life cycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value, ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
IT Management, IT Support Staff, IT Consultants, Business Managers, Business Process Owners, IT Developers, Service Providers, System Integrators
None, although a familiarity with IT service delivery will be beneficial.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Comprehend Service Management as a practice
- Understand the Service Lifecycle
- Know the generic concepts and definitions
- Understand the key principles and models used behind selected processes
- Identify the selected processes
- Understand the selected functions and roles
- Comprehend the technology and architecture of the Service Lifecycle
- Comprehend competence and training
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Module 2: Service Management as a Practice
- Module 3: Service Lifecycle
- Module 4: Service Strategy
- Module 5: Service Design
- Module 6: Service Transition
- Module 7: Service Operation
- Module 8: Continual Service Improvement
- Module 9: Technology and Architecture
- Exam Preparation
ABOUT THE EXAMINATION
- Accredited Foundation training is strongly recommended but not a prerequisite.
- The exam is a closed book, forty (40) multiple choice questions. The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts 60 minutes.
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL Foundation exam, the student will be recognized with 2 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
ITIL® and IT Infrastructure Library® are (registered) trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.