Duration 4 Days
This 4-day course immerses learners in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Service Strategy phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Strategy stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
The Service Strategy Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Strategy stage of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers involved in the management, coordination and integration of strategy activities within the Service Lifecycle.
Upon completion of this course and examination, the participant will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and Service Strategy principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all Service Strategy processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service Strategy processes
- The roles and responsibilities within Service Strategy and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Service Strategy performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Service Strategy
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Strategy
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL Service Strategy Lifecycle exam, the student will be recognized with 3 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
- Introduction & to Service Strategy
- Service Strategy Principles
- Service Strategy Processes
- Organizing for Service Strategy
- Technology Considerations
- Implementing Services Strategy
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- Exam Preparation / Mock Exam
ABOUT THE EXAMINATION
- Evidence of ITIL® Foundation Certificate and completion of the Service Strategy Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Strategy book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from: http://www.itil-officialsite.com
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL® Foundation Certificate
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
ITIL® and IT Infrastructure Library® are (registered) trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.