Duration 5 Days
This 5-day course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Operational Support and Analysis of services. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice, Service Operation principles, purpose and objective
- Knowing the important role of Operational Support and Analysis in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Operational Support and Analysis processes
- The application of Operational Support and Analysis processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Operational Support and Analysis performance
- The importance of IT Security and how it supports Operational Support and Analysis
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Operational Support and Analysis
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Operational Support and Analysis
- Course IntroductionAudience
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Event Management
- Unit 3: Incident Management
- Unit 4: Request Fulfilment
- Unit 5: Problem Management
- Unit 6: Access Management
- Unit 7: Service Desk
- Unit 8: COMMON OSA FUNCTIONS AND ROLES
- Unit 9: Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Unit 10 : Exam Preparation Guide
The Operational Support and Analysis Capability course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals and / or operational staff who require a comprehensive practical understanding of the Operational Support and Analysis processes and how these may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization, for example: operational staff involved in Event Management Process, Incident Management Process, Request Fulfillment Process, Problem Management Process, Access Management Process, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management
- IT professionals involved in IT Service Management implementation and improvement programs.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): IT professionals, IT / business managers and IT / business process owners, IT practitioners.
ABOUT THE EXAMINATION
- Evidence of ITIL Foundation Certificate and completion of the Operational Support & Analysis Capability course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Operation book in preparation for the examination.
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate (holders of Foundation certificate from an earlier version of ITIL, e.g.: earlier ITIL qualifications, must pass the current ITIL Foundation exam before attending this course)
- There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable
- It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
- - Can demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Operational Support and Analysis management of their own business environment
- - Have exposure working in the service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility emphasizing on at least one of the following management processes:
- Event Management Process, Incident Management Process, Request Fulfillment Process, Problem Management Process, Access Management Process, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management
- It is strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications in advance of attending training for the certification.
Upon successful passing of the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis Capability exam, the student will be recognized with 4 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
ITIL® and IT Infrastructure Library® are (registered) trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.