Duration 5 Days
This ITIL Intermediate course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Release, Control, and Validation of services. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment.
This course uses an optimal mix of learning methods to provide learners with the most effective way to build their ITIL knowledge with respect to Release, Control, and Validation and to apply this knowledge in real life. Learners can complete eLearning modules on their own time to build their knowledge and then participate in interactive classroom or virtual classroom sessions to apply this knowledge in practice.
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a practice and the principles, purposes, and objectives of Service Transition.
- Knowing the important role of Release, Control, and Validation in service provision and understanding how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- Comprehending the activities, methods, and functions used in each of the Release, Control, and Validation processes.
- Knowing how to apply Release, Control, and Validation processes, activities, and functions to achieve operational excellence.
- Measuring Release, Control, and Validation performance.
- Understanding the importance of IT security and how it supports Release, Control, and Validation.
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Release, Control, and Validation
- Comprehending the challenges, Critical Success Factors, and risks related to Release, Control, and Validation.
The Release, Control and Validation Capability course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals and / or operational staff who require a comprehensive practical understanding of the Release, Control and Validation processes and how these may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization – for example: operational staff involved in Change Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Request Fulfillment, Service Evaluation and Knowledge Management.
- IT professionals involved in IT Service Management implementation and improvement programs.
- Typical role includes (but is not restricted to): IT professionals, IT / business managers and IT / business process owners, IT practitioners.
- Service Transition
- Change Management
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Request Fulfillment
- Change Evaluation
- Service Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
- Technology & Implementation Considerations
- Exam Preparation
ABOUT THE EXAMINATION
- Evidence of ITIL Foundation Certificate and completion of the Release, Control and Validation Capability course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the associated areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance, in particular Service Strategy, Service Design and Service Transition publications in preparation for the examination.
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL Release, Control and Validation Capability exam, the student will be recognized with 4 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate (holders of Foundation certificate from an earlier version of ITIL , e.g.: earlier ITIL qualifications, must pass the current ITIL Foundation exam before attending this course)
- There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable
- It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
- - Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Release, Control and Validation management in their own business environment
- - Have some experience of working in a service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility relating to at least one of the following service management processes:
- - Change management, Release management, Configuration management, Service evaluation and quality assurance, Knowledge management, Service validation and testing
- - It is strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications in advance of attending training for the certification, and in particular the Service Transition and Service Operation books.
ITIL® and IT Infrastructure Library® are (registered) trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.