Duration 5 Days
The Managing Across the Lifecycle Certificate is the final module of the Service Lifecycle and/or Service Capability Intermediate courses that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management recognition. This 5-day course immerses learners in the contents of the ITIL V3 publications; focusing on business, management and supervisory objectives, purpose, processes, functions and activities, and on the interfaces and interactions between the processes covered in the Service Lifecycle. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this qualification, candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following:
- Key concepts of the service lifecycle
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
- Managing services across the service lifecycle
- Governance and organization
- Implementing and improving service management capability
- Preparing for APMG MALC examination, including mock examination opportunity
- Introduction Managing Services Across Lifecycle
- Unit 1: Strategic Assessment
- Unit 2: Organizational Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- Unit 3: ITSM Implementation Plan
- Unit 4: Business Case
- Unit 5: Managing Strategic Change
- Unit 6: Exam Preparation Guide
- Unit 7: Exam
Candidates for this course must:
Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate (2 credits) in IT Service Management, and have obtained an additional 15 credits from a balanced selection of ITIL Service Lifecycle or Service Capability qualifications, i.e., a total of at least 17 credits.
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle exam, the student will be recognized with 5 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
The Managing Across the Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Chief Information Officers
- Senior IT Managers
- IT Managers
- IT Professionals
- IT Operations Practitioners
- IT Development Practitioners
- Individuals who require a business and management level understanding of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate, for which this qualification is the final mandatory module.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management, for which the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate is a prerequisite.
ABOUT THE EXAMINATION
- Must have the ITIL Foundation Certificate (2 credits) and have obtained a minimum of 15 credits through formal Service Lifecycle or Service Capability certification streams and have completed the Managing Across the Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider in order to sit the exam.
- It is recommended that learners complete at least 28 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the core ITIL publications in preparation for the examination. The syllabus can be downloaded from: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/.
- The exam is a closed book exam with ten (10) multiple choice, gradient scored questions that are based on a single case study. The case study is the same as provided with the mock exam in the training course. Candidates are expected to have thoroughly reviewed the case study prior to taking the exam.
- Exam duration is a maximum 120 minutes for all candidates in their respective language. Note: Candidates taking the examination in a language other than their first language, and/or living in a country where the language of the exam is not a business language in the country, has a maximum of 150 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary.
- Each question will have four possible answer options: one, which is worth 5 marks, one worth 3 marks, one worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 35/50 or 70%.
- The exam is delivered as a supervised exam; a registered proctor oversees secure exam delivery.
ITIL® and IT Infrastructure Library® are (registered) trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.