Duration 5 Days
The BS 25999 Lead Auditor course provides students with the skills and knowledge to conduct and lead effective business continuity management system audits in accordance with the requirements of BS 25999-2:2007 and ISO 19011:2002, “Guidelines for Quality and/or Environmental Management Systems Auditing.” The course explains the principles and practices of independent auditing for a business continuity management system and guides students through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Students will gain the necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Lead an audit of a business continuity management system
- Carry out an audit of a business continuity management system
- Clarify the different purposes of BS 25999 Part 1 and Part 2
- Explain the requirements of BS 25999-2:2007
- Understand the Business Continuity Management Code of Practice BS 25999-1:2006
- Articulate and present audit findings
- Manage successful audit communication and interviews
- Write a succinct audit report
- Conduct opening, closing, and follow-up audit meetings
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Existing lead auditors in other schemes
- Business continuity professionals (BCI,DRII)
- Business Continuity Managers
- IT Managers
- Information Security Professionals
- Internal and external auditors responsible for auditing business continuity practices
It would be beneficial for participants to have some understanding of business continuity and/or auditing principles around another management system standard before attending this course.
Detailed exam instructions are provided during the course. Certificates of achievement are for students who exceed 70% on both the continual evaluation and the exam. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass.