Duration: 2 Days
Language: Conducted in English by EPI Certified Instructors
- CDMS Manual
- CDMS Exam Tutorial
- CDMS Exam (Take exam on the last training day)
- Attendant Certificate
- Lunch & Coffee Breaks
- Certified Data Centre Migration Specialist (CDMS)
Certified Data Centre Migration Specialist
The Data Centre Migration Specialist course is a two-day course designed to expose participants to all aspects of a data centre migration. It provides a step-by-step methodology which will enable them to reduce the risks involved in such a complex undertaking. It will also provide participants with valuable and practical hints and tips used by seasoned data centre professionals who have done multiple complex migrations.
The primary audience is any IT, facilities or data centre operations professional working in and around the data centre (both end-customers and/or service provider /facilitators) and having to handle data centre migration projects and/or data centre strategies. These include Project Managers, Data Centre Managers, Operations/Floor/Facility Managers, IT Managers, Network/System Engineers, Data Centre Sales/Consultants, Logistic Managers.
There is no specific prerequisite for the CDMS® course. However, participants who have actual experience in the data centre and/or IT infrastructures are best suited. Attendance of the CDCP® course is recommended but not a requirement.
CDMS® is an instructor-led course that uses a combination of lectures and question-and-answer sessions to discuss participants' specific needs and issues experienced in their own environment. Participants are able to draw on the trainer’s extensive experience to solve practical problems in their current environment, adding tremendous value.
After completion of the course the attendee will be able:
- Develop and review their Data Centre Strategy
- Use different risk assessment methodologies together with practical tips specifically for Data Centre migrations to reduce the risk during a data centre migration
- Understand different migration strategies
- Understand the legal aspects when migrating a Data Centre
- Understand the importance of Business Service Reviews and Service Level Objectives
- Size and design the target Data Centre
- Understand the importance of detailed discovery and how dependencies influence migration waves
- Understand the safety requirements during migration
- Get lots of practical tips when moving to another Data Centre
- Data Centre Strategy
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Migration Strategies
- Legal Aspects
- High Level Discovery & Planning
- Design Target Data Centre
- Detailed Discovery and Planning
- End of Project
Certification exams are administered at the end of the last training day by an authorized training partner, either using paper-based or online format, depending on the country in which the course is delivered. The exam is a 60-minute closed book exam, with 40 multiple-choice questions. The candidate requires a minimum of 27 correct answers to pass the exam. Online exam results are known immediately and paper-based exam results will be known within one week.
Candidates who successfully pass the exam will receive the official ‘Certified Data Centre Migration Specialist’ certificate. The certification is valid for three years after which the student needs to re-certify.
Global Accreditation & Recognition
*Silver Authorized Partner: Network Training Center Co., Ltd. (NTC)