Duration: 2 Days
Language: Conducted in English by EPI Certified Instructors
- CITP Manual
- CITP Exam Tutorial
- CITP Exam (Take exam on the last training day)
- Attendant Certificate
- Lunch & Coffee Breaks
Certified Information Technology Professional
CITP® is a 2-day course designed to teach the skills, knowledge and competencies required of the modern IT professional working at the entry level of IT. CITP® covers the fundamental processes of IT operations.
CITP® candidates will become instantly productive having gained knowledge and understanding of the demands in today’s IT infrastructures. Their improved capabilities will deliver immediate results, increasing eciency and signicantly reducing the margin for errors.
This course is most suited for aspiring and existing IT professionals from entry level up to two years of actual working experience in IT, with basic knowledge of (operating) systems, network and/or applications, and service desk operations. It is also suited for people who are (re)entering the IT professional world and/or require (re)training in IT.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the role and importance of Information Technology in the organisation
- Describe the function of the IT organisation, roles and responsibilities
- Provide technical input for vendors Request for Proposal
- Cooperate and coordinate with vendors for delivery, maintenance, support and monitoring activities
- Execute basic projects using principles of project management
- Perform application test activities
- Deploy applications and understand application life cycle management
- Identify the options for virtualisation
- Perform basic system administration
- Identify the options for storage solutions
- Create, publish and maintain documentation
- Operate incident- and event management and request fullment
- Design and implement controls for the business continuity plan
- Identify risk and understand the principles of risk management
- Design, implement and operate security logging and understand the principles of information security management
- Monitor and report on quality in IT
- IT Strategy
- IT Organisation
- Vendor Selection
- Project Management
- System Administration
- Service Management
- Business Continuity Planning
- Information Security
There is no prerequisite for the CITP® course. However, please refer to the audience description above to gain the most from this course.
European e-Competence Framework (e-CF)
The European e-Competence Framework (e-CF) provides a reference of 40 competences as required and applied at the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) workplace, using a common language for competences, skills and proficiency levels.
It enables the identification of skills, competences and competence levels that may be required to successfully perform duties and fulfill responsibilities related to the ICT workplace. The widespread adoption of the e-CF by companies and organisations throughout Europe has started to increase the transparency, mobility and efficiency of ICT sector related human resources. More information can be found at www.ecompetences.eu
The 60 min closed-book certification exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. Candidates must achieve a minimum of 27 correct answers to pass the exam. Attendees who successfully pass the exam will receive the official ‘Certified Information Technology Professional’ certificate. The certification is valid for three years after which the student needs to re-certify.
Global Accreditation & Recognition
*Gold Authorized Partner: Network Training Center Co., Ltd. (NTC)