Duration: 2 Days
Language: Conducted in English by EPI Certified Instructors
Certified Data Centre Risk Professional
This 2-day course is designed to expose attendants to the overall risk management process. Focus is on both the data centre infrastructure and the physical data centre facility and equipment; the attendant will learn how to identify and quantify risk in their organization, creating the ability to reduce the risk to a level acceptable for the organization. The course is based on international standards (ISO/IEC27001:2005) and guidelines (ISO/IEC27005:2011, NIST800-30, ISO/IEC31000) and will additionally prepare the candidate being able to take part and assist in corporate certification processes that may apply.
The primary audience for this course is any IT, facilities or data centre operations professional who works in and around the data centre and who has the responsibility to achieve and improve the availability and manageability of the data centre. This represents both end-customers and/or service providers/facilitators. It is highly recommended for Data Centre Managers, Operations/ Floor/Facility Managers, IT Managers, Information Security Managers, Security Professionals, Auditors, Risk Managers/Professionals responsible for IT/corporate governance.
There is no specific prerequisite for the CDRP® course. However, participants who have at least three years' experience in a data centre and/or IT infrastructures will be best suited. This experience may come from a business or IT background where the participant has knowledge of both environments, and understands the mission of their organization. Attendance of CDCP® is benefi¬cial but not a requirement.
After completion of the course the attendee will be able to:
- Understand the different standards and methodologies for risk management and assessment
- Establish the required project team for risk management
- Perform the risk assessment identifying current threats, vulnerabilities and the potential impact based on customized threat catalogues
- Report on the current risk level of the data centre both quantitative and qualitative
- Anticipate and minimizing potential financial impacts
- Understand the options for handling risk
- Continuously monitor and review the status of data centre risk present
- Reduce the frequency and magnitude of incidents
- Detect and respond to events when they occur
- Meet regulatory and compliance requirements
- Support certifi¬cation processes such as ISO/IEC 27001:2005
- Support overall corporate and IT governance
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Data Center Risk and Impact
- Standards, Guidelines and Methodologies
- Risk Management Definitions
- Risk Assessment Software
- Risk Management Process
- Project Approach
- Context Establishment
- Risk Assessment - Identification
- Risk Assessment - Analysis and Evaluation
- Risk Treatment
- Risk Monitoring and Review
- Risk scenario’s
Certification exams are administered at the end of the last training day by an authorized training partner, either using paper-based or online format, depending on the country in which the course is delivered. The exam is a 60-minute closed book exam, with 40 multiple-choice questions. The candidate requires a minimum of 27 correct answers to pass the exam. Online exam results are known immediately and paper-based exam results will be known within one week.
Candidates who successfully pass the exam will receive the official ‘Certified Data Centre Risk Professional’ certificate. The certification is valid for three years after which the student needs to re-certify.
Global Accreditation & Recognition
*Gold Authorized Partner: Network Training Center Co., Ltd. (NTC)