Duration 5 Days
This course prepares network professionals with information to deploy wireless networks using Cisco controller and unified switching architectures policies and best practices, as well as ensure the proper implementation of mobility standards and proper configuration of all aspects of wireless components. It provides students with hands-on labs to ensure students thoroughly understand how to configure and deploy the new Cisco 8.0, Prime Infrastructure release 2.2, and Mobility Services Engine release 8.0 features.
Upon completion of the course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Define and deploy WLAN infrastructure for mobility
- Implement controller and AP High Availability
- Design and implement high density wireless solutions
- Design and implement Flex Connect architectures
- Describe and implement wireless bridging (Mesh) technologies
- Describe and implement QoS for wireless applications
- Describe and implement multicast over wireless
- Manage wireless services with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Implement base and context mobile experience Cisco MSE architecture
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Introduce VPN technologies used in the service provider environment and the MPLS VPN peer-to-peer architecture.
- Describe implementation steps needed to provide MPLS Layer 3 VPN service in the service provider network.
- Describe how the MPLS Layer 3 VPN model can be used to implement managed services and Internet access.
- Describe Layer 2 VPNs and Ethernet services.
- Module 1: Deploy a Wi-Fi Infrastructure
- Module 2: Configure Advanced Capabilities in Data Designs
- Module 3: Configure Advanced Capabilities in Voice and Real-Time Application Designs
- Module 4: Configure Advanced Capabilities in Location Designs
- Module 5: Configure Advanced Capabilities in Outdoor and High-Density Designs
It is recommended, but not required, that students have the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
- Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND)
Basic knowledge of:
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Metageek Channelizer Software
- Voice Signaling Protocol
- Basic QoS
- Application Visibility and Control
- Control LAN switching
WHO SHOULD ATTENT
- Channel Partners and Resellers, Customers, Employees