Duration 3 Days
A thorough understanding of the technology platform and cloud-computing provider is essential for any cloud application developer. However, application developers benefit further from having a thorough understanding, and working-level knowledge, of vendor-neutral application design principles, ensuring that applications provide the most value throughout the application lifecycle.
The Cloud Developer course is for application developers who are designing and developing applications for cloud environments. This training is delivered as a 3-day classroom or virtual classroom program. The training covers best practices on application design for cloud environments and supports many vendor technology solutions, covering Open Source and major Vendor Standards. The principles covered in the course apply to the entire application lifecycle, and are relevant to any technology or platform.
The course material includes various reference materials that help to continue participants’ educational experience when they are back at work after completion of the course. The course prepares candidates for the Professional Cloud Developer Certification (PCD) Exam provided by the Cloud Credential Council. The PCD is endorsed, recognized and supported by several key technology vendors and standards bodies. The content for this course, as well as the PCD certification is based on the cloud standards developed by NIST.
The Professional Cloud Developer course will be of interest to:
- Application Developers
- Cloud Architects
At the end of this course, the participant will gain competencies in and be able to:
- Understand Cloud Architecture Patterns, caching, RESTful services and session management, together with security and compliance fundamentals in cloud.
- Apply and analyze knowledge about database integrations, messaging in cloud environment, and scalable coding.
- Understand development monetization techniques and license models.
- Apply knowledge about semantic web and ontologies.
- Understand development and deployment in IaaS
- Understand tenant aware application development, interoperable cloud code and application architecture models in PaaS
- Understand Software development in SaaS, Development of APIs and Mashups together with understanding of cloud service catalogues and application marketplaces.
BENEFITS OF TAKING THIS COURSE
The course allows IT professionals to operate effectively in a cloud environment as they can demonstrate an understanding of the key concepts and relevant terminology. It furthermore provides the foundation needed in order to successfully complete subsequent vendor-specific training/certification programs and also provides a baseline for the subsequent CCC Professional level certifications.
Participants report that this training allows them to better communicate with their peers on cloud benefits and risks, and that they are in a better position to evaluate vendor proposals for cloud computing.
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Module 2: Cloud Architecture Patterns
- Module 3: Service Modularity, Encapsulation, and Orchestration
- Module 4: Development Monetization Techniques
- Module 5: Cloud Security and Compliance Fundamentals
- Module 6: Metadata and Semantic
- Module 7: Deployment and Testing in the Cloud
- Module 8: Scalable Coding
- Module 9: IaaS: Deployment Automation and Elastic Sizing of Environments
- Module 10: PaaS: Tenant-Aware Application Development
- Module 11: PaaS: Application Architecture Models
- Module 12: PaaS: Interoperable Cloud Code
- Module 13: SaaS: Cloud Service Catalogs and Application Marketplaces
- Module 14: SaaS: Mashups and Open APIS
ABOUT THE EXAM
- Exam Format: Web based, Closed Book
- Question: 25 questions
- Pass score: 65%
- Duration: 60 minutes. For non-native English speakers an additional 15 minutes is available.