This course builds on existing professional experience with personal computer hardware support to present the next tier of skills & concepts students will use on the job when administering any type of network server. This course covers server hardware installation and management, server administration, security and disaster recovery and troubleshooting. This course also prepares you to take the CompTIA Server+ examination (Exam SK0-005).
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to perform the duties of a server administrator.
In this course, you will:
- Build, maintain, troubleshoot, secure and support server hardware and software technologies
- Implement virtualization and storage solutions for local, enterprise and cloud environments
- Understand and comply with disaster recovery and general security procedures
- Be familiar with industry terminology and concepts
- Understand server roles and their interaction in a dynamic computing environment
- Use automation, scripting and virtualization to optimize server management
- Understand on-premise and hybrid server environments to accommodate both enterprise and small business needs
- Understand server administration and troubleshooting both on-premise and remotely
- Be familiar with cloud computing concepts as they apply to server administration and maintenance
- Understanding Server Administration Concepts
- Understanding Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Understanding Physical and Network Security Concepts
- Managing Physical Assets
- Managing Server Hardware
- Configuring Storage Management
- Installing and Configuring An Operating System
- Troubleshooting OS, Application, And Network Configurations
- Managing Post-Installation Administrative Tasks
- Managing Data Security
- Managing Service and Data Availability
- Decommissioning Servers
- Exam objectives covered: 3.6 Summarize proper server decommissioning concepts
This course is designed for IT professionals such as PC, desktop, and help desk technicians who have experience supporting PC hardware who wish to make the transition to become server hardware and support specialists. This course is also designed for existing server managers who are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ Exam SK0-004.
It is expected that, prior to taking this course, you have:
- A+ certified or equivalent knowledge.
- 24 months of hands-on experience working in a server environment.