CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner+
This course is for students who are preparing for the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) certification exam CAS-003. In this course, students will expand their knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles. Students will apply critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement sustainable security solutions that map to organizational strategies; translate business needs into security requirements; support IT governance and risk management; architect security for hosts, networks, and software; respond to security incidents; and more
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security. You will:
- Supporting IT Governance and Risk Management
- Leveraging Collaboration to Support Security
- Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
- Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
- Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
- Implementing Security Controls for Mobile Devices
- Implementing Network Security
- Implementing Security in the Systems and Software Development Lifecycle
- Integrating Assets in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Conducting Security Assessments
- Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
- Perform Risk Management Activities
- Summarizing Governance & Compliance Strategies
- Implementing Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Identifying Infrastructure Services
- Performing Software Integration
- Explain Virtualization, Cloud, And Emerging Technology
- Exploring Secure Configurations and System Hardening
- Understanding Security Considerations of Cloud and Specialized Platforms
- Implementing Cryptography
- Implementing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Understanding Threat and Vulnerability Management Activities
- Developing Incident Response Capabilities
This course is designed for IT professionals in the cybersecurity industry whose primary job responsibility is to secure complex enterprise environments. The target student should have real-world experience with the technical administration of these enterprise environments.
To be fit for this advanced course, you should have at least a foundational knowledge of information security. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Knowledge of identity and access management (IAM) concepts and common implementations, such as authentication factors and directory services.
- Knowledge of cryptographic concepts and common implementations, such as Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) and public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and implementations, such as the TCP/IP model and configuration of routers and switches.
- Knowledge of common security technologies used to safeguard the enterprise, such as anti-malware solutions, firewalls, and VPNs.
- You can obtain this level of knowledge by taking the CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501) course or by demonstrating this level of knowledge by passing the exam.