Ninety percent of most organizations’ revenue is attained at the branch office, where eighty percent of customer-facing employees work and create value. Therefore, it is essential that the organization has a modern WAN platform for their branch offices to deliver on digital services.
This workshop explores software-defined WAN (SD-WAN), one of the critical foundations of delivering digital services. Topics include:
- Exploring the WAN market and technology trends for delivering digital services in branch offices.
- How SD-WANs differ from traditional WANs.
- Reviewing requirements for WAN services with an open architecture.
- Understanding the WAN models leveraging transport independence to lower costs and increase bandwidth.
- Deciding on a model for automated zero-touch deployment, ongoing management and orchestration
This course can help customers compare and contrast approaches by different SD-WAN vendors, like Cisco, Meraki, Viptela, Riverbed, Versa, VeloCloud, and others to help you make the right technology decision. This evaluation also includes a look at the different orchestration and automation techniques with a focus on:
- Scalability: Architect a scalable WAN architecture.
- Transport Independence: Leverage high speed bandwidth across multiple transports such as MPLS, Internet, 3G/4G LTE/lTE, etc., with the right security and quality of service (QoS).
- Path Control: Optimally utilize multiple WAN paths for resilience and bandwidth efficiency.
- Applications: Optimize the performance of applications to maximize WAN bandwidth and provide great user experience.
- Zero-touch Deployment: Speed the deployment of sites by remotely provisioning new equipment and services.
- Orchestration: Automate management and orchestration of services to optimize staff time and total cost of ownership.
- Programmability: Extend the WAN with software defined and programming extensions via APIs.
- Flexibility: Choosing whether on-premise or cloud-based deployments are best suited to the organization’s policies and processes:
2) SD-WAN Overview
3) VeloCloud and Meraki solution
4) VeloCloud introduction:
5) VeloCloud Solution Overview
- Control plane bring models
- Security and implementation
- Policy Overview
- Data plane & QoE/QoS
- Cloud Networking & Cloud On-Ramp
- VCO Operations and Analytics
- Case Studies
- VeloCloud Security Arch
- VeloCloud QoS
- Business Policies
- Overlay Flow Control
- Deployment Guide
- Troubleshooting Guide
- Ordering Guide
- Competitive information
- Lab: SD-WAN (VeloCloud)