vSphere: Advanced Administration Workshop
This five-day course provides hands-on training to equip students with a range of skills: from performing routine VMware vSphere® 7 administrative tasks to complex vSphere operations and configurations. Through lab-based activities, students are immersed in real-life situations faced by VMBeans, a fictitious company. These situations expose students to real-life scenarios faced by companies that are building and scaling their virtual infrastructure.
This course uses scenario-based lab exercises and does not provide guided step-by-step instructions. To complete the scenario-based lab exercises, you are required to analyze the task, research, and deduce the required solution. References and suggested documentation are provided.
Approximately 90% of the class is application-focused and taught through labs. The course aligns fully with the VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Data Center Virtualization Deploy exam objectives.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Enable cluster features and configure vSphere storage and networking
- Use host profiles to automate host configurations
- Use Cluster Quickstart to create a VMware vSAN™ enabled cluster
- Configure the VMware vCenter Server® identity provider
- Troubleshoot host connectivity and storage connectivity
- Perform lifecycle operations on vSphere components
- Implement security hardening guidelines to vSphere and virtual machines
- Course Introduction
- Creating and Configuring Management Clusters
- Creating and Configuring Productions Clusters
- Troubleshooting vSphere and Backing Up Configurations
- Lifecycle Management
- vSphere Security
- System administrators
- System engineer
This course requires the following prerequisites:
- Completion of VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V7] course
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV) certification
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems