Internet of Things Foundation
The Cloud Credential Council (CCC) Internet of Things Foundation™ certification is a business-oriented, non-technical certification designed to develop a base-level understanding of IoT concepts, terminology, and associated business perspectives.
IoT is having a wide disruptive effect on how organizations transfer data in the early 21st century and its impact is expected to grow exponentially in the foreseeable future. Major technology companies such as Microsoft, Huawei, GE, Cisco, AT&T, Google, Fujitsu, and IBM have all recognized the great growth opportunities underlying IoT and invested accordingly. Driving improvements in productivity, increasing operational efficiency and developing new business models are only some of the promises of IoT.
Obtaining IoT expertise has become a necessity rather than an option for any organization undergoing a rapid digital transformation journey. While there is an increasing demand for IoT skills and competences, only a few professionals can currently claim to know the fundamentals of IoT.
The industry-recognized CCC Internet of Things Foundation ensures you are ready to add value to organizations of diverse industries and dimensions. It does so through highly interactive and thought-provoking discussions which focus on:
- Group exploration and debates
- Lab exercises which allow learners to experience IoT applications
- Case study scenarios for IoT
- End of Module questions
- Once the certification exam is passed, you are awarded a diploma and digital badge officially recognizing you have achieved the CCC Internet of Things Foundation certification and are now a member of the Cloud Credential Council’s global community.
Once you become Internet Of Things (IoT) Foundation™ 2 certified, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts, evolution and types of IoT.
- List IoT key drivers and business perspectives including monetization models.
- Understand the architecture (basic building blocks) and working of IoT.
- Understand various communication and network connectivity protocols of IoT.
- Examine how the capabilities of IoT get enhanced when combined with digital transformative technologies such as Cloud, Big Data, AI, 5G, Blockchain, Digital Twin, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), and others.
- Identify IoT security issues along with the appropriate mitigation measures and best practices.
- Examine IoT case studies and future growth opportunities.
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Module 2: Concepts and Terminologies
- Module 3: Business Orientation
- Module 4: Basic Building Blocks of IoT–Architecture
- Module 5: Enabling Technologies of IoT + Lab Activities
- Module 6: IoT Security and Top Governance Issues
- Module 7: IoT Case Studies and Future Predictions
The following departments benefit from CCC Internet of Things Foundation-certified professionals:
- Customer Service
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Sales
- Research & Development
CCC Internet of Things Foundation jobs include:
- Application Consultants
- CXO’s, Board Members, & Business Operation Heads
- Cyber Security Specialists
- Data Scientists
- Enterprise Architects
- Program / Project / Product Managers
- R&D Department Managers
- Research / Security / Software Engineers
- Solution Architects
- Support Specialists
- System Administrators / Architects / Analysts / Designers / Engineers
- Technology Enthusiasts
Possessing a basic understanding of Cloud Computing characteristics as well as Big Data, Internet and Networking concepts is recommended but not required for the completion of the certification.