Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Infrastructure Configuration for Cloud Administrators
The focus of this course is on managing and using the OpenStack client command-line interface and the director and dashboard graphical web user interfaces to securely manage server instances, compute and storage resources, and user identities.
As a result of attending this course, you will know how to configure and manage an OpenStack installation featuring all of the common, core features and services used by enterprise private/hybrid cloud customers. You will also be able to choose and customize compute, storage, networking, deployment, and application support resources and services tailored to your enterprise needs.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Navigate and manage the control plane on the undercloud and the overcloud.
- Work with containerized overcloud infrastructure services.
- Manage necessary authentication, authorization, and security administration.
- Navigate and describe all network layers in an IaaS and all aspects of SDN design and management.
- Manage compute node and storage resource, including hyperconvergence.
- Troubleshoot typical OpenStack operations.
- Navigate the Red Hat OpenStack Platform architecture
- Describe the OpenStack control plane
- Integrate identity management
- Perform image operations
- Manage storage
- Manage OpenStack networking
- Manage compute resources
- Automate cloud applications
- Troubleshoot OpenStack operations
- Comprehensive review
This course is intended for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, cloud operators, and infrastructure architects interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private or hybrid cloud.
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience by passing the online skills assessment
- Attend Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110), or demonstrate equivalent experience