Managing Projects with Microsoft Office Project
Master Basic Microsoft Project software in 2 days. Studies have shown that the success rate of projects will increase and the ROI improves when a systematic approach to project management is adopted, especially when projects get more complex and dynamic.
This systematic approach can be facilitated by using a project software tool like Microsoft Project which can help to manage projects effectively and efficiently.
This intensive 2-day hands-on basic course is designed to equip project practitioners with essential skills of effectively utilizing project management software in a day-to-day business environment. Highly practical Step-by-Step exercises related to actual business applications will help to reinforce concepts and features covered.
At the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
- Gain an overview of Project Management with emphasis on project planning, scheduling & monitoring
- Attain a basic understanding of Microsoft Project software application and its tools and techniques.
- Apply Microsoft Project 2016 to increase efficiency and productivity in managing projects.
- Master the fundamentals of developing and scheduling a project plan, creating tasks, assigning resources, set baseline, Gantt Charts, Network Diagrams, analyze critical paths, creating reports, tracking & monitoring progress, and more.
- Analyze Critical Path, Crash and Fast-track project duration
- Lesson 1: Overview of Project Management
- Lesson 2: A Guided Tour of Microsoft Project
- Lesson 3: Creating a Task List
- Lesson 4: Setting Up Resources
- Lesson 5: Assigning Resources to Tasks
- Lesson 6: Formatting and Sharing Your Plan
- Lesson 7: Tracking Progress on Tasks and Assignments
- Lesson 8: Fine-Tuning Task Details
- Lesson 9: Fine-Tuning Resource Details
- Lesson 10: Fine-Tuning Assignment Details
- Lesson 11: Fine-Tuning the Project Plan
- Lesson 12: Viewing and Reporting Project Status
- Lesson 13: Getting Your Project Back on Track
- Lesson 14: Sharing Project Information with Other Programs
- Lesson 15: Assessment/Test
Any personnel responsible for conceptualizing, defining, planning, implementing, monitoring and/or closing-out projects in any environment.
- Basic knowledge of Windows is required with the ability to maneuver with the mouse
- The following resources are required to facilitate the training:
- Every PC is installed with minimum Microsoft Windows XP or later and minimum 64 MB RAM, and 500 MB of hard disk.
- Microsoft Press Step-by-Step training manual and Practice Files
- Microsoft Project 2016 Software (Standard or Professional)