IT Risk Management
ENSURE IT PROJECT SUCCESS BY IDENTIFYING AND HANDLING RISKS.
This course offers the skills you need to be a proactive IT risk manager-one who plans for contingencies and confidently manages unexpected events that occur throughout the project life cycle.
You'll learn how to avoid unnecessary costs and schedule delays and how to keep your team members focused on critical-path activities. Through hands-on exercises, you'll identify common IT risks, threats, and opportunities and turn them into manageable possibilities. You'll learn to capitalize on opportunities that can accelerate your project. Master the building blocks of successful IT risk management: identify, qualify, quantify, prioritize, and manage.
- Identify common IT project risks
- Recognize the threats and opportunities on your project
- Understand what qualifies as risk with IT projects
- Learn the difference between negative and positive IT risks
- Develop an IT risk management plan
- Plan risk response methods for IT risks
- Understand the most common IT risk sources
- Qualify and quantify IT risks
- Create risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Monitor and control project risks
- Overcome resistance from stakeholders and team members
- Risk Foundation
- Risk Identification
- Risk Qualification
- Risk Response Planning
- Risk Management and Control
- Dealing with Problems
- Case Studies
Associate project managers, project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, and program managers.