What is Agile? Why be Agile in your projects?
The future is unpredictable, and with the world and its technology changing ever faster, our projects experience far greater uncertainty on requirements ever than before. Projects that embrace Agile are able to adapt faster, deliver little and often yet remaining business and customer focused.
Based on the proven DSDM Agile Project Framework (AgilePF), the Agile Business Analyst (AgileBA) is crucial to the success and competitiveness of organisations in the rapidly-changing environment working in an Agile way. The Business Analyst is a critical role within an Agile project team. The AgileBA gives context to the BA role beyond the individual project, in relation to organisational processes, mission and strategy.
AgileBA certification and qualification has been developed by the Agile Business Consortium, and training and examinations are offered through the global awarding body APMG International.
This course covers the certification examination for Foundation. Delegates who have attended the course are eligible for 21PMIPDUs.
- This course provides the knowledge for an Agile BA to understand:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of the DSDM AgilePF
- The Agile approach to managing and prioritising requirements
- The people, products and practices.
- DSDM philosophy and principles
- DSDM process and practices
- DSDM roles and responsibilities
- Requirements planning and estimating through the project lifecycle
- Transition to AgileBA.
CERTIFICATION AND EXAMINATION
The AGILEBA examination will lead to Foundation certification. The format of the examination is as follows:
- 50 scored multiple choice questions
- Duration of 40 minutes
- 25 marks (50%) required to pass
- Closed book examination
- No negative marking for incorrect answers.
This course is designed to offer valuable direction for practicing business analysts, Agile team members who wish to become Agile BAs, individuals wishing to understand business analysis and individuals pursuing the AgileBA Practitioner certificate.
There is no pre-requisite for the course. However, some experience and awareness in project work as well as product or software development would be advantageous.