Certified Data Center Facilities Operations Manager
Language : Conducted in English by EPI Certified Instructors
Certified Data Center Facilities Operations Manager (CDFOM®)
Managing the facilities of today’s high-end and high-availability data centers is an extremely demanding and complex task which is often underestimated. There is often very little appreciation and understanding of the complexities of managing today's mission-critical data centers where downtime is not an option, especially since many of the data centers are operating at, or near, their design limits. Operations management at the facilities layer makes all the difference. Even a data center designed to the highest redundancy level as per the ANSI/TIA-942 standard could still experience many unscheduled downtime events due to poor planning, operations, maintenance and management processes.
The CDFOM® (Certified Data Center Facilities Operations Manager) course is a three-day course which will enable data center managers to gain in-depth knowledge of managing data center operations from planning to monitoring and reporting. This course breaks down the complexity of managing a mission-critical high-availability data center facility into manageable and systematic processes. Not only are the topics covered based on international standards, the course includes best-practises by seasoned data center professionals with many years’ experience managing global data center facilities. The CDFOM® is an intensive course packed with a lot of information which brings tremendous value to the participants, enabling them to improve the operations of their data center. The course is fully aligned with the DCOS® (Data Center Operations Standard).
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Perform the needs analysis translating business requirements to data center services
- Set-up and manage the data center operations team
- Implement and monitor safety- and security practices
- Identify a suitable maintenance program for the data center facility and its equipment
- Select the appropriate policies and procedures required for data center operations
- Monitor the data center availability, capacity and capability
- Manage and implement basic data center projects
- Set-up and implement an environmental sustainability program
- Select an appropriate back-up site to support organizational resilience
- Identify and respond to risk in the data center
- Manage and support the document life cycle
- Create a basic budget proposal
- Select and manage vendors and measure their performance
- Manage data center assets
- Service Level Management
- The Data Center Organization
- Managing Safety & Statutory Requirements
- Managing Physical Security
- Facilities Management
- Data Center Operations
- Monitoring / Reporting / Control
- Project Management
- Environment Sustainability
- Organizational Resilience
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
Certification exams are administered at the end of the course. The exam is a 90-minute closed book exam, with 60 multiple-choice questions. The candidate requires a minimum of 42 correct answers to pass the exam. Online exam results are known immediately and paper-based exam results will be known within one week.
Candidates who successfully pass the exam will receive the official ‘Certified Data Centre Facilities Operations Manager’ certificate. The certification is valid for three years after which the student needs to re-certify.
The primary audience for this course is someone who works, or has ambition to work, in a leadership role in data center operations such as a data center facilities manager, data center operations manager, who has the responsibility to achieve and improve the high-availability and manageability of the data center operations.
It is advisable for the participants to have some experience in data center operations although it is not required. It is highly recommended to attend the DCFC®/CDCP® course before attending the CDFOM® course.