Certified Data Center Migration Specialist
Language: Conducted in English by EPI Certified Instructors
The CDMS® is a 2-day course is designed to expose participants to a step-by-step methodology which will enable them to reduce the risks involved when undertaking a data centre migration. It will also give participants a lot of valuable practical hints and tips by trainers having extensive experience in moving and consolidating mission critical data centre.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Develop and review their data centre strategy
- Use different risk assessment methodologies together with practical tips specifically for data centre migrations to reduce the risk during a data centre migration
- Understand different migration strategies
- Understand the legal aspects when migrating a data centre
- Understand the importance of Business Service Reviews and Service Level Objectives
- Size and design the target data centre
- Understand the importance of detailed discovery and how dependencies influence migration waves
- Understand the safety requirements during migration
- Get lots of practical tips when moving to another data centre
- Data Centre Strategy
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Migration Strategies
- Legal Aspects
- High Level Discovery & Planning
- Design Target Data Centre
- Detailed Discovery and Planning
- End of Project
Exam: Certified Data Centre Migration Specialist (CDMS®)
The CDMS® exam is a one hour, 40 questions, multiple choice and closed book exam. The attendee need to have 27 out of 40 questions correct in order to pass the exam.
The CDMS certificate is valid for 3 years, after which recertification is required.
Certification and Accreditation
Attendees passing the exam will be awarded the internationally accredited and recognized 'Certified Data Migration Specialist' certificate (CDMS®).
CDMS® is globally accredited by EXIN, a fully independent exam and certification institute. The CDMS® certificate is valid for 3 years, after which recertification is required.
The primary audience is an IT, Facilities or Data Centre Operations professional working in and around the data Centre (representing both end-customers and/or service provider/ facilitators) and having to deal with Data Centre Migration Projects and/or Data Centre Strategies, such as: Project Managers, Data Centre managers, Operations/ Floor /Facility managers, IT managers, Network/System Engineers, Data Centre Sales/Consultants, Logistic Managers.
There is no specific prerequisite for the CDMS® course. However, participants who have actual experience in the data centre and/or IT infrastructures are best suited. Attendance of the CDCP® course is recommended but not a requirement.