Certified Data Center Professional
Language: Conducted in English by Certified Instructor
The CDCP® (Certified Data Centre Professional) is a 2-day course is designed to expose participants to the key components of the data centre.
CDCP® training will address how to setup and improve key aspects such as power, cooling, security, cabling, safety etc. to ensure a high-available data centre. CDCP® training will also address key operations and maintenance aspects.
CDCP® is the first training in the EPI Design and Build training track under the EPI Data Centre Training Framework.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Choose an optimum site for mission-critical data centre based on current and future needs
- Describe all components that are important for highavailability in a data centre and how to effectively setup the data centre
- Name and apply the various industry standards
- Describe the various technologies for UPS, fire suppression, cooling, monitoring systems, cabling standards, etc, and to select and apply them effectively to cost-efficiently enhance the high-availability of the data centre.
- Review the electrical distribution system to avoid costly downtime
- Enhance cooling capabilities and efficiency in the data centre by using existing and new techniques and technologies for the increased cooling requirements of the future
- Design a highly reliable and scalable network architecture and learn how to ensure installers apply proper testing techniques
- Describe (high-level) data centre operational considerations supporting mission-critical environments
- Setup effective data centre monitoring ensuring the right people get the right message
- Ensure proper security measures, both procedural and technical, are established to safeguard your company's valuable information in the data centre
- The Data Centre, it’s Importance and Causes for Downtime
- Data Centre Standards and Best Practices
- Data Centre Location, Building and Construction
- Raised Floor/Suspended Ceiling
- Power Infrastructure
- Electro Magnetic Fields
- Equipment Racks
- Cooling Infrastructure
- Water Supply
- Designing a Scalable Network Infrastructure
- Fire Protection
- Physical Security and Safety
- Auxiliary Systems
Attendees will take a 1-hour CDCP® exam. The exam is 40 questions, multiple-choice, closed-book. The passing mark is 27 out of 40.
Certification & Accreditation
Attendees passing the exam will be awarded the internationally accredited and recognized 'Certified Data Centre Professional' (CDCP®) certificate.
CDCP® is globally accredited by EXIN, a fully independent exam and certification institute. The CDCP® certificate is valid for 3 years, after which recertification is required.
The primary audience for the CDCP® course is an IT, Facilities or Data Centre Operations professional working in and around the data centre (representing both end-customers and/or service provider/facilitators) and having responsibility to achieve and improve hi-availability and manageability of the Data Centre, such as: Data centre managers, Operations / Floor / Facility managers, data centre engineers, network/system engineers/data centre sales/consultants.
There is no specifc prerequisite for the CDCP® course. However, participants who already have at least one or two years’ experience in a data centre or facilities environment may be best suited. Those with no experience just yet are most welcome to participate.