Certified Data Center Specialist
Language: English class by Certified Instructor from EPI
CDCS® (Certified Data Centre Specialist) is a 3-day advance level for training data centre design/build professionals. The CDCS® course will cover engineering calculations on the various components in a data centre facility. CDCS® will further increase attendees' competences to a level of a compatible sparring partner with suppliers and verify offers provided by vendors for correctness, effectiveness and efficiency.
CDCS® is the second training in the EPI Design and Build training track under the EPI Data Centre Training Framework. Participants must hold a valid CDCP® certificate in order to be able to register for the CDCS® class. CDCS itself is a pre-requisite for persons wishing to achieve the CDCE® status.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the design life cycle of data centres and the stages involved
- Discuss the data centre requirements in great level of detail with vendors, suppliers and contractors to ensure that these requirements are met
- Validate design plans, quotes and oers proposed by vendors/contractors
- Understand redundancy levels for both the data centre design/setup and maintenance
- Understand the various building considerations such as bullet proofng, mitigation of seismic activity, fire ratings and thermal stability
- Understand how to install a raised floor that meets requirements, avoiding misalignment, level differences and leakage
- Understand how to read a Single Line Electrical Diagram to identify and avoid the most common design issues
- Choose the correct UPS and parallel configuration, learn and avoid classic parallel installation mistakes
- Understand how to calculate battery banks, validate offered configurations to ensure they meet requirements
- Understand what distance to keep to avoid EMF issues for human safety and equipment disturbances
- Understand the fundamental cooling setup, CFM, Delta-T and other important factors
- Understand contamination factors and limitations
- Understand full details of fire suppression options, how to calculate gas content and verify installations
- Understand how to measure data centre energy efficiency and how to improve it
- Data Centre Design/Life Cycle Overview
- Standards and Rating Level Definitions
- Building Considerations
- Advanced Raised Floor & Suspended Ceiling
- Advanced Power
- Advanced Electro Magnetic Fields
- Advanced Cooling
- Advanced Fire Protection
- Design and Install Scalable Networking Cabling System
- Environmental Specifications and Contamination Control
- Data Centre Efficiency
Attendees will take a 1.5 hour CDCS® exam. The exam is 60 questions, multiple choice, closed-book. The passing mark is 45 out of 60.
Certification & Accreditation
Attendees passing the exam will be awarded the internationally accredited and recognized 'Certified Data Centre Specialist' certificate (CDCS®).
CDCS® is globally accredited by EXIN, a fully independent exam and certification institute. The CDCS® certificate is valid for 3 years, after which recertification is required.
The primary audience for this course is an IT, Facilities or Data Centre Operations professional working in and around the data centre (representing both end-customers and/or service provider/facilitators) and having responsibility to achieve and improve high availability and manageability of the Data Centre, such as: Data centre managers, Operations / Floor / Facility managers, data centre engineers, network/system engineers, data centre sales/consultants.
Participants must hold a valid CDCP® certificate in order to be able to register for the CDCS® class.