Certified Data Center Facilities Operations Specialist
Language : Conducted in English by EPI Certified Instructors
Certified Data Centre Facilities Operations Specialist (CDFOS®)
Data centre facilities operations management have proven to be the key differentiator between a data centre that is performing well or badly. The old believe that a fully redundant data centre facility will save the day is no longer true as many research outcomes have revealed that the majority of downtime is caused by the human factor. Policies, processes, procedures and work instructions should be carefully developed, ideally following relevant standards, to ensure an effcient and effective data centre operations which are also compliant to the required regulations.
The CDFOS® (Certified Data Centre Facilities Operations Specialist) course is a three-day course which will enable participants to fully understand the requirements of running the day-to-day operations of a mission critical data centre. Participants will gain all the required competences for running the daily operations, understand which processes should be in place, and the critical elements of those processes and how to execute them. The course is fully aligned with the DCOS® (Data Centre Operations Standard).
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Implement and support requirements for Service Level Management
- Practice safety aspects
- Maintain the security of the physical data centre facility
- Coordinate and supervise data centre facilities and equipment maintenance
- Provide service management for data centre services
- Operate the data centre making use of floor-, capacity and equipment life cycle management
- Monitor and report on data centre availability, capacity and capability
- Manage and implement basic data centre projects
- Manage and support the document life cycle
- Improve the overall efficiency of the data centre contributing to cost saving operations
- Service Level Management
- Safety and Crisis Management
- Physical Security
- Facilities Maintenance
- Data Centre Operations
- Monitoring / Reporting / Control
- Project Management
- Environmental Sustainability
- Governance and Compliance
Certification exams are administered at the end of the course. The exam is a 90-minute closed book exam, with 60 multiple-choice questions. The candidate requires a minimum of 42 correct answers to pass the exam. Online exam results are known immediately and paper-based exam results will be known within one week.
Candidates who successfully pass the exam will receive the official ‘Certified Data Centre Facilities Operations Specialist’ certificate. The certification is valid for three years after which the student needs to re-certify.
The primary audience for this course is anyone who works in and around IT, facilities or data centre operations and needs to understand and improve the daily operations including important processes such as lock-out/tag-out, the right process for installing/de-installing equipment, safety procedures, capacity management and much more.
It is advisable for the participants to have some experience in data centre operations although it is not required. It is highly recommended to attend the DCFC®/CDCP® course before attending the CDFOS® course.