Certified Network Cabling Design Professional
Language: Conducted in English by EPI Certified Instructors
With few exceptions, enterprises today rely on IT for the delivery of business-critical services - often directly to the end consumer. It is therefore vital that the mission-critical data centre is designed, maintained and operated with high-availability and efficiency in mind. Among all the facilities, network cabling is the foundation for the network and one of the major contributors to the availability of the data center.
CNCDP® is a 2-day course designed to expose participants to in-depth knowledge in designing and installing the data network cabling system which includes key subject matters such as; technical standards, designing of different cabling sub-systems, calculation of material requirements, architecture, installation, testing and acceptance.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the various standards for network cabling systems, the models and how to apply these to the network design.
- Design the user cabling and patching system for commercial buildings.
- Design the network cabling and patching system for data centres.
- Design the backbones for both indoor and outdoor cabling.
- Select the proper cabling containment/ pathways for network installations.
- Apply the correct installation practices and avoid common mistakes.
- Define the right testing criteria and methods for copper and fiber systems
- Data Centre Life Cycle
- Design Preparation
- Design Planning
- Design Development
- Test & Commissioning
The exam is a 60-minute closed book exam, with 40 multiple-choice questions. The candidate requires a minimum of 27 correct answers to pass the exam.
Certification & Accreditation
Candidates who successfully pass the exam will receive the official ‘Certified Network Cabling Design Professional’ certificate. CNCDP® is globally accredited by EXIN, a fully independent exam and certification institute.
The certification is valid for three years after which the student needs to re-certify.
The primary audience for this course is any IT, facilities or data centre professional, consultant and/or those who work in network cabling system design, implementation and operation.
There is no specific prerequisite for the CNCDP® course. However, participants who already have at least one or two years’ experience in a IT, data centre or facilities environment may be best suited. Those with no experience just yet are most welcome to participate.