Certified TIA-942 Design Consultant
Language: Conducted in English by EPI Certified Instructors
In three-day CTDC® course, the participant will learn how to design an ANSI/TIA-942 compliant data centre. It will provide a clear understanding of the requirements of the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard and possible implementation variations. This course is well suited for all types of data centres, be it enterprise data centres or multi-tenant, third party data centres such as co-location, managed services and cloud service providers.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Learn to properly comprehend and apply the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard requirements and guidelines
- Understand the proper intent of the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard to avoid both over- and/or under-investment
- Align the selection of redundancy levels and infrastructure investments to the business requirements.
- Understand the criteria and requirements for a high-availability data centre design and how to effectively establish the data centre from the perspective of the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard
- Understand how the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard relates to various worldwide standards
- Introduction to Data Centre Facilities
- About the ANSI/TIA-942
- Data Centre Space Planning
- Data Centre Topologies
- Recommendations for Energy Efficiency
- Building Security & Safety
- Building and Room Access
- Room/Area Design Requirements
Exam: Certified TIA-942 Design Consultant (CTDC®)
The CTDC® exam is a 90 minutes closed-book certification exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions. Candidates must achieve a minimum of 50 correct answers to pass the exam.
Certification & Accreditation
Candidates who successfully pass the exam will receive the official ‘Certified TIA-942 Design Consultant’ certificate. The CTDC® certificate is issued for the ANSI/TIA-942 version current at the time, which the candidate tested for. The certificate itself does not expire and stays relevant only for the stated ANSI/TIA-942 version.
The primary audience for this course are professionals involved with designing, building, maintaining and operating mission critical data centres and those who wish to attend the CTIA® (Certified TIA-942 Internal Auditor) course.
Participants must possess a valid data centre training certificate such as CDCP® or any other approved equivalent. Please submit a copy of your certificate for verification upon registration for the CTDC® course.
Participants will receive the latest digital copy of the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard, valued at US$510.00. This is a single-user-license document which the participant can access anytime on his/her computing device and can be printed (once). Extensive reference is made to the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard during the training. Therefore participants are required to bring his/her computing device along for the training.