DASA DevOps Professional Enable & Scale
DASA DevOps Professional: Enable and Scale is designed to provide the core education necessary to put DevOps into practice. This 2-day course builds upon the DevOps fundamentals. The key focus of DASA DevOps Professional: Enable and Scale is on the four skill areas that have been defined by DASA and are required for successful DevOps results. The course helps you know why the four skills: courage, teambuilding, leadership, and continuous improvement, are the necessary skills for a DevOps environment. DASA DevOps Professional: Enable and Scale is designed to provide the core education necessary to put DevOps into practice. With the help of DevOps theory, pragmatic examples and exercises, and interactive group discussions and role plays, the course will help you understand how to apply the necessary skills to practice DevOps.
When you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of DevOps culture and the aspects that can influence it.
- Explain why courage, team building, leadership, and continuous improvement are required in a DevOps environment.
- Explain why courage is essential to enable trust, honesty, and experimentation.
- Identify and evaluate different types of behavior in a DevOps environment.
- Recognize the signals indicating impediments and/or team dysfunctions.
- Describe how to form good DevOps teams.
- List the effects of happiness and motivation on team performance.
- Assess the maturity of DevOps teams.
- Identify how leaders encourage feedback and transparency.
- Discuss the factors that leaders can influence to build trust.
- Explain how and why leaders promote a “Safe to fail” environment.
- Analyze value streams to improve throughput and flow.
- Facilitate the tools for continuous improvement: structured problem-solving workshops, Story Mapping sessions, and retrospectives.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Let’s Get to Know Each Other
- Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Course Agenda
- Course Book
- Group Discussions
Module 2: Teambuilding
- Design Teams:
- Introduction to a DevOps Team
- Characteristics of a DevOps Team
- Boundaries for a DevOps Team
- Build Teams:
- Creating High Performance Teams
- Feedback: Giving and Taking
- Shared Responsibility and Accountability
- Governance on Three Levels
- Governance Within a Team
- Governance Between Teams
- Governance Between Organizations
- External Suppliers
Module 3: DevOps Leadership
- Build Culture:
- Create the Right Environment
- Change the Habitual Behavior
- Fail Fast to Improve
- Maintain the Agile Soil
- Create Purpose:
- Know the Importance of Storytelling
- Define the Purpose of Having a Purpose
- Relate Alignment with Autonomy
- Be a Servant Leader:
- Give Control to the Team
- Inspire and Support the Team
- Make Your Own Leadership Manifesto
- Focus on Success:
- Customer Value and Team Success
- Measure and Steer Value
Module 4: Courage
- Build Courage:
- Importance of Courage
- Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Courage in Relationship with Leadership and Feedback
- Courage at the Team Level
- Dealing with Failure
- Think Different:
- Think Different on a Day-to-day Basis
- During Standups
- Standup from Hell
- 10th Man Rule
- Think Different in an Organized Way
- Open Allocation Time
Module 5: Value - Customer Centric Action
- Different Aspects of Value:
- Customer Value
- The Different ‘Voices’
- Stakeholder Management:
- Know Your Stakeholders
- Categorize the Stakeholders
- Combining Lean Startup and DevOps:
- The Lean Startup Process
- The Lean Startup Versus Chaos
- Combining the Lean Startup and DevOps
- The Power of Story Mapping:
- Product/Service Development Approaches
- Need for Story Mapping
- Creating Story Maps
Module 6: Continuous Improvement
- Build Flow:
- Build Optimal Flow
- Multitasking and One-Piece Flow
- Little’s Law and Optimization of Process Lead Time
- Valualize Flow
- Flow and Resource Utilization
- Types of Continuous Improvement:
- Radical Change
- Continuous Improvement Tools:
- Kaizen Event
- Value Stream Mapping
- Visual Management
- Daily Standup
- Five Times ‘Why’
Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT Service Management, and individuals whose role are affected by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as:
- DevOps Engineers
- Product Owners
- Integration Specialists
- Operations Managers
- Incident and Change Managers / Enterprise Architects
- System Administrators / Automation Architects
- Network Administrators / Business Managers
DASA DevOps Fundamentals certificate and basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial.
Related Certifications: DASA DevOps Professional: Enable and Scale