DevOps (a clipped compound of "development" and "operations") is a software development approach to work that combines software development (Dev) with information technology operations (Ops). The goal of DevOps is to shorten the systems development life cycle while delivering software releases frequently, in close alignment with business objectives in a faster, better, and cost-efficient way.
The Leadership level of the PeopleCert DevOps qualifications scheme is aimed at anyone who is managing a DevOps team or aspiring to lead a cultural shift towards DevOps practices. The main goal of the course is to learn how to manage a team culture shift and how to introduce unfamiliar workflow processes across more than one team.
During the course, candidates will examine how the Full Stack approach can be engaged and implemented within the organization, why DevOps Leadership is needed in modern enterprises, and how it can be aligned to business value delivery. The PeopleCert DevOps Leadership course equips candidates with solid knowledge regarding the practices, processes, automation and technology used for adapting DevOps within an organization, along with Scrum methodology, people and their cultural implications.
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- What is leadership and what is leadership for DevOps
- How to lead an organization through a DevOps transformation
- Establish the need for urgency for DevOps
- Clarify & align business objectives
- Create a vision and strategy for transformation
- Identify and influence the vital stakeholders
- Lead a culture of self-organized, cross functional teams
- Gather, broadcast and Implement feedback
- Enable flow across the value stream
- Break work into iterations to accelerate
- learning and experimentation
- Lead for continuous delivery and a culture of continual improvement
- Lead for innovation
- DevOps Leadership
- Aligning Transformation to Value Delivery
- Planning and Approaching DevOps Transformation
- Engaging and Implementing the Full Stack
- Validating Results and Sustaining DevOps Transformation
- Course Review and Exam Preparation
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with DevOps Leadership issued by Peoplecert. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
- 20 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 14 marks required to pass (out of 20 available) – 70%
- One-hour duration
- Closed book
The target audience for this course and qualification include Management, Operations, Developers, QA and Testing professionals including:
- Professionals and leaders in Software or Applications Development
- IT Operations
- IT Service Management
- Business analysts, project and product managers
- Anyone aspiring to gain knowledge of DevOps principles
There are no prerequisites to attending the DevOps Leadership course or for sitting for the DevOps Leadership certification examination.
Attending the DevOps Fundamentals certification course and familiarity with IT terminology and IT related work experience is advantageous.