Agile Business Consortium Scrum Product Owner
So, why Agile? The future is unpredictable, and with the world and its technology changing ever faster, it is creating greater uncertainty on our needs and requirements. Projects that are able to embrace Agile are able to adapt faster, delivering little and often, testing the environment and remaining customer-focused. Scrum is the most popular agile methodology practiced globally.
The Agile Business Consortium Scrum Product Owner course addresses the principles and theory underpinning the Scrum framework and the role of Scrum Product Owner. Training and certification are based on The Scrum Guide by Scrum creators Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland. The course combines instruction and team-based exercises, purposefully designed to be less IT- and more wide business-focused.
Delegates will learn the role of Scrum Product Owner, enabling them to work in a Scrum Team and with stakeholders for more effective product and solution development. The role of Scrum Product Owner will take centre stage with deep-dive into the various product management aspects to maximize the value of products.
This course also serves as an exam prep course for the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) certification exam. Participants will learn the techniques to sit for PSPO I. PSPO I is a highly reputable global certification being issued by Scrum.org.
Participants are eligible to claim 14 PMI PDUs upon attending this course.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Scrum theory, empiricism and lean thinking
- Understand in detail the role of Scrum Product Owner
- Learn about the Scrum Team and accountabilities
- Master the Scrum rules to better understand their application when returning to the workplace
- Understand the Scrum Events, artifacts and commitment
- Understand various product management aspects in Scrum
- Prepare the students for PSPO I certification exam.
- Agile values and principles
- The Scrum framework
- Self managing and self organization
- Scrum theory, empiricism and lean thinking
- Scrum events
- The Scrum Team and accountabilities
- Artifacts and commitment
- Product Owner deep dive
- Working with stakeholders.
CERTIFICATION & EXAM
The Agile Business Consortium Scrum Product Owner examination will be taken at the end of the course.
- 50 scored multiple-choice questions
- Duration of 40 minutes
- 37 marks (74%) required to pass
- Closed book examination
- No negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Participants who complete the course and pass the above exam will attain the Agile Business Consortium Scrum Product Owner certification; this certification does not expire.
This course is intended for anyone involved in product or solution delivery using the Scrum framework. It will be particularly beneficial to those accountable for getting the most value out of a product or solution with Scrum.
There is no pre-requisite for the course. Some experience and awareness in project work as well as product or solution development would be advantageous.