Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT
The Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)™ designation is the third certification offered by ISACA. Designed for professionals who manage, provide advisory and/or assurance services and/or who otherwise support the governance of an enterprise’s IT and who wish to be recognized for their IT governance-related experience and knowledge, CGEIT™ is based on the IT Governance Institute’s (ITGI’s) intellectual property and the input of subject matter experts around the world.
The Job Practice domains and task and knowledge statements are as follows:
Domain 1—IT Governance Framework (25%)
- Define, establish and maintain an IT governance framework (leadership, organizational structures and processes) to: ensure alignment with enterprise governance; control the business information and information technology environment through the implementation of good practices; and assure compliance with external requirements.
Domain 2—Strategic Alignment (15%)
- Ensure that IT enables and supports the achievement of business objectives through the integration of IT strategic plans with business strategic plans and the alignment of IT services with enterprise operations to optimize business processes.
Domain 3—Value Delivery (15%)
- Ensure that IT and the business fulfill their value management responsibilities: IT-enabled business investments achieve the benefits as promised and deliver measurable business value both individually and collectively, that required capabilities (solutions and services) are delivered on-time and within budget, and that IT services and other IT assets continue to contribute to business value.
Domain 4—Risk Management (20%)
- Ensure that appropriate frameworks exist and are aligned with relevant standards to identify, assess, mitigate, manage, communicate and monitor IT-related business risks as an integral part of an enterprise's governance environment.
Domain 5—Resource Management (13%)
- Ensure that IT has sufficient, competent and capable resources to execute current and future strategic objectives and keep up with business demands by optimizing the investment, use and allocation of IT assets.
Domain 6—Performance Measurement (12%)
- Ensure that business-supporting IT goals/objectives and measures are established in collaboration with key stakeholders and that measurable targets are set, monitored and evaluated.
IT and business professionals, with significant IT governance experience who are undertaking the CGEIT exam.