Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL Server database infrastructure for cloud, on-premises and hybrid relational databases and who work with the Microsoft PaaS relational database offerings. Additionally, it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL-based.
- Plan, deploy and configure Azure SQL offerings
- Monitor database performance and tune a database and queries for optimum performance
- Plan and configure a High Availability Solution
- Module 1: The Role of the Azure Database Administrator
- Module 2: Plan and Implement Data Platform Resources
- Module 3: Implement a Secure Environment
- Module 4: Monitor and Optimize Operational Resources
- Module 5: Optimize Query Performance
- Module 6: Automation of Tasks
- Module 7: Plan and Implement a High Availability and Disaster Recovery Environment
The audience for this course is data professionals managing data and databases who want to learn about administering the data platform technologies that are available on Microsoft Azure. This course is also valuable for data architects and application developers who need to understand what technologies are available for the data platform with Azure and how to work with those technologies through applications.
Successful Azure Database Administrators start this role with professional experience in database management and technical knowledge of cloud technologies:
- Working with, maintaining, and developing with SQL Server
- Experience with Azure, such as deploying and managing resources