Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Switches
Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v2.0 is an instructor-led course presented by Cisco Learning Partners to their end-user customers. This course is a five-day product training course that is designed as a comprehensive hands-on experience to familiarize data center systems engineers, field engineers, architects, and Cisco partners who implement storage-networking solutions with the Cisco MDS 9000 Series switch platform.
DCMDS is an instructor-led product training that provides learners with an overview of the entire Cisco MDS product line. There is significant content devoted to configuration and management. In particular this course will address the additions of the MDS 9250i Multiservice Fabric Switch and Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director, while also removing end-of-sale (EOS) hardware and features.
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switch Platforms
- Module 2: System Installation and Initial Configuration
- Module 3: Building a SAN Fabric
- Module 4: Intelligent SAN Fabric Services
- Module 5: FCoE Implementation
- Module 6: Security Implementation
- Module 7: FCIP Implementation Lab Guide
- Channel Partner / Reseller
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows :
- Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI) and Fiber Channel.
- Basic understanding of network protocols, including Ethernet and IP.
- Recommended: Cisco CCNA certification.